One Brand - Three Locations
Bemidji Welders Supply, Rapids Welding Supply & Red River Welders Supply
The mission of Bemidji Welders Supply is to provide our customers with quality welding, safety, and industrial products at affordable prices. We provide ultimate customer service and personal attention to ensure our customers overall satisfaction. Furthermore, Bemidji Welders Supply will strive to remain a leader in the industry by staying abreast of new technologies and ahead of the competition.
Bemidji Welders Supply was started in 1947 by Leonard Hein. Leonard solely operated the company doing all truck deliveries and working seven days a week. Years into his business, Leonard had the revolutionary idea to create a truck that would enhance the productivity of his deliveries. He contracted a company in Chicago to put a liquid oxygen tank on the back of a flat bed truck and secure it into place. This was the first of its kind and the original is still used today.
In 1984, our second branch opened in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. With the addition of Rapids Welding Supply we were able to service all of northern and central Minnesota.
In 2001, our third branch opened in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Red River Welders Supply serves North Dakota and western Minnesota.
In 2003, we expanded our operations to include industrial supplies and propane. As we continue to grow, we have supplied our customer's needs.
Bemidji Welders Supply is in its third generation with three full operating facilities and delivery routes covering all of central and northern Minnesota and North Dakota. We have 30 warehouses throughout Minnesota and North Dakota that supply our gases and an assortment of welding supplies. We ship all over the United States and Canada.
In 2017, Bemidji Welders Supply began the process of re-branding it's business and three locations under the unified "Welders Supply" brand.